This meme is a mission statement and vision for what we believe about education. Wow...what do I believe? That has changed so much since graduating college, teaching a variety of level of students and science subjects. But here goes. Here is what I believe....
- Learning to think critically and independently is an important, lifelong skill that is crucial for living in this world
- Explain simply, connect the important points, and find a deeper understanding. Learn to find your voice and be reflective. "Write to learn".
- Education should focus on questioning, seeking knowledge and using social behavior to create a mindset for solving problems.
- Conversations are an important way to learn instead of just repeating found information
- Education should focus on doing instead of just reading or finding.
- Leadership, communication, collaboration and sharing has a place with all learners including teachers.
- Compare, contrast, evaluate and examine both ends of issues and ideas. Remove your boundaries to learning.
- Education is never done and is continuous even when you don't think you need it.
Now I would like to tag the following educators to see what they believe:
Tags: Beth Knittle, Barry Bachenheimer