Sunday, November 23, 2008

Learning is a series of mistakes

This quote from Randy Nelson of Pixar University is one of many that resonates with me:

"...the core skill of an innovator is error recovery not failure avoidance."

I still struggle with the rightness of it all. If failure avoidance means not stretching the boundaries, I would rather recover from failure instead. It is a feeling all learners should get to know.

There are many other great things he says. His talk featured on Edutopia can be found here.

Tags: Randy Nelson, Pixar, Edutopia

2 comments:

  1. Indeed.

    I may throw this on the faculty lounge table tomorrow. I love leaving quotes, then listening to the responses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I love stirring the pot too. Let me in on the gems that surface...

    ReplyDelete