On Clif's notes is a great professional development meme. Having not had much time to participate in memes, I have let them slide by. This however, I can do. I think most set goals, but there is nothing like doing so in public and with a time limit. So here goes:
Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2009 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
- Pick 1-3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
- For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/07/09).
- Post the above directions along with your 1-3 goals on your blog.
- Title your post Professional Development Meme 2009 and link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/2447.
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme09.
- Tag 5-8 others to participate in the meme.
- Achieve your goals and "develop professionally."
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
- Podcast more lectures for students. I really wish to have many topics available for this next year.
- Finish all the blog posts still in edit form (14 and counting) and set some kind of schedule for blogging regularly.
- Finish several items on my to do list which includes and is not limited to: reading of at least one great professional development book per month (including this one I will use in a book study with others), looking at state standards and essential questions, and determining a better flow of content to not be isolated subjects...